The Yogo Ultralight Mat couldn't have been more perfect for my trip to Nepal. It took me from my hotel balcony, to a rooftop class (that I ended up teaching), to a mountaintop at sunrise. When you set out on this type of adventure, compact portability is a must. I was not willing to compromise my daily yoga practice. I was relieved to find the Yogo Ultralight Mat. It has more features than I thought possible. Here I'll list the things that I loved about the mat.
- It fits neatly inside my bag, or clips conveniently to the outside of my backpack.
- The practice space is always clean because it folds in on itself.
- It is sticky, I don't slide on it, and it does not slide on the floor.
- It is very lightweight.
- It washes easily in the shower, and can drip dry by hanging from it's own straps.
The list of cons is short, but worth mentioning.
- It's slightly smaller than the average mat. If you are a small yogi, you'll appreciate it, as this cuts down on weight and makes a compact fold. The Ultra is available for those who require more space.
- It is thin and doesn't offer much cushion (duh, it's a travel mat). I did find myself placing my clean yogo mat on top of a studio mat that didn't appear sanitary. Score - clean and cushioned!
Honestly, I'm looking for more ways to use this mat. It would make a great Christmas Gift for the yogi on your list. Here's a link to the company's website (or order it on amazon.com if you've got amazon prime). It'd be great during a picnic, hike or run. It can easily attach to several places on my bicycle, backpack, gym bag, suitcase, below a child's stroller, or in a desk. Many happy hours of practice await me and my Yogo Ultralight Mat. Happy practicing!
Namaste - Beth